Getting involved at Wisconsin Upside Down is easy and there are many ways to do it. Check out the list below for some current needs. This list changes often, so make sure you check back often. If you see something you are interested in contact us at email@example.com. Many jobs are small and require limited time!
Here are some areas that we are in need of help:
Advisory Board Positions: we look to our advisors when we have specific need of professional guidance. We are looking for individuals in the following professions, who would be willing to occassionally share their expertise with us:
- Law Professional
- Medical Professionals
- Mental Health Professional
- Development Professional
- Distribution of literature to schools, doctors, etc.
- Speakers to present at schools, businesses and community events.
Board Member Positions:
- Currently in need of a Treasurer, CPA preferred
- Self Advocates
- Members at Large
- Advertising professional
- Children’s Games Coordinator
- Resource Area Coordinator
- Food and Beverage Coordinator
Cancer patient support:
- Prepare and deliver Patient gift packages
- Family support person
Childcare for events and meetings
- Teens and adults to watch over children with and without special needs during parent meetings and events.
Stars Basketball Camp Volunteers
- This is a fun filled opportunity to help children develop basketball skills.
- You will run a lot!
- You will have fun!
- You will be exhausted when you leave!
- Plan parent meetings and speakers
- Works with school educators to plan meetings for educators
- Identify grants that could benefit WIUSD
- Write granst on behalf of WIUSD
- Self Advocates
- State Legislative Advocates
- National Legislative Advocacy
- Choose Books for lending library
- Librarian help
- Help Cross-posting
New Parent Support:
- Prepare and deliver welcome packages to new families
- Answer phones
- Help prepare mailings
- For Events
Prenatal Support Volunteer:
- Medical Staff Education Presenter
- Family to Family Support
- Represent Wisconsin Upside Down at Resource Fairs and Meetings
- Group Member
Social Events Volunteers:
- Ice Cream Social
- Teen Parties
- Hip Hop Coffee Shop
- Mom’s Night Out
- Buddy Walk
- Holiday Party
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Golf Outing
We have many things going on all the time and that takes Time, Talent and some Treasure. Every program has needs for sponsorship. Our biggest events for sponsorship are out Golf Outing in August and The Buddy Walk in Oactober. Contact Robbin Lyons Robbin@wiusd.org to learn more about sponsorship.